My latest obsession is crochet. It started when I decided to make a baby blanket for a friend, and then made a pair of booties to go with it and then had so much left over yarn that I decided to try a hat. I have never made a hat before, but I had been seeing those super cute owl beanies all over the internet and knew that I wanted to give it a go. So I tried. It came out…interesting. But I posted a photo on facebook, because I was proud of my efforts. All of a sudden, I have orders in for at least four more for friends who have kids.
I have found it a bit difficult to make most things from patterns that I have found on the internet because most patterns are written to be made in worsted weight yarn, which I think must be the most common in the US. Worsted weight is about equivalent to a 12 ply yarn here in Australia, and the most common and definitely the easiest and cheapest to buy here is 8 ply. So I have found myself reading over patterns – usually a few for the same thing – and then making up my own kind of version.
And here are my owl hats:
Have you made anything you’re proud of lately? Share a picture or a link! I am always interested in new patterns or ideas if you would like to share!
- First Finished Crochet Projects (storminabcup.wordpress.com)
- Wearing The Beautiful Crochet Hats (summerjobs.infofiles.info)
- Little Miss Princess Owl Crochet Pattern (designsbysha.wordpress.com)
- Yarn Along Crochet Hat (gentlestitches.com)
- Sleepy Owl Lovey Crochet Pattern (designsbysha.wordpress.com)
- Teeny and Tiny the Owls Crochet Pattern (designsbysha.wordpress.com)